cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool to see the time of a windows 7 patch?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

tool to see the time of a windows 7 patch?

new pc and nightmare of micro patches needing patches for last 2 days.   Hit my first show stopper tonight and was just going to uninstall what had patched 5 mins before, but the windows tool to check patch history only lists by date.  So I have 15 updates this morning and another 5 around 5pm and another 1 about 7.30pm.  The last of which I wanted to uninstall rather than using a restore point, but could not do that so had to use a restore taking me back half the day in patches.

So anyone know of a third party tool that can list the time as well as date in the update/patch list?

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: tool to see the time of a windows 7 patch?

To view the Windows update history:

• Click on Start > Control panel > Windows Update
  • Click on the "View update history" link.

If you then right-click an update and select 'View Details' you will see the time of the update as well as the date.  This only works for one update at a time, unfortunately.   

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

only right click option I have is uninstall on windows 7, tried different view filters and none gave it either, normally in detail list

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

@Gus, I think you are probably looking in the wrong place.  You need to view the Update History, not the list of Installed Updates.