cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thomson or Netgear

scarrabri
Grafter

thomson or Netgear

Hi i was wondering if i have to use the thomson  tg585 v7 that plusnet sent me or can i please myself and use the netgear dg834 gt which i like and is a little smaller , i have set it up for wireless and it works very well , i have it secured using the wap i think its called ,best wishes Brian
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: thomson or Netgear

You can use any router you like.
I also prefer the Netgear - in my case the DG834G v4
scarrabri
Grafter

Hi Oldjim  thanks for your reply  i too like the netgear routers as they are very stylish, just changing the subject ,i notice you have dorset on your page ,do you by any chance know of the beautiful charmouth,just thought i would ask,best wishes Brian Smiley
scootie
Grafter

dats 2 vote's for the netgear dg834 v4. all depends what u need from your router. some will handle some things better than others but i find the dg834g's to be good all rounders
scarrabri
Grafter

Hi ASBO DOG  i like the netgear routers ,but i must admit it gets a little warm so i ,have it on top of my computer where there is a cooling fan blowing cool air and keeps the netgear just warm best wishes Brian Smiley
scootie
Grafter

dont have that over heating problem on my v4 ive got mine standing on its side so it gets a gd air flow any way
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: scarrabri
Hi Oldjim  thanks for your reply  i too like the netgear routers as they are very stylish, just changing the subject ,i notice you have dorset on your page ,do you by any chance know of the beautiful charmouth,just thought i would ask,best wishes Brian Smiley
I am not too familiar with Charmouth as I live in East Dorset but I agree it is beautiful