Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the cost of Console modding

pierre_pierre
Grafter

the cost of Console modding

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12248010
People who play illegal copies of video games on chipped or modified consoles cost at least £1.45 billion in lost sales in 2010.
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: the cost of Console modding

There will always be people who want something for less and therefore the demand will be there.
I've paid for very few of my PS3 games.......they've mostly been presents....so far.
It's an ongoing battle between the modders and the manufacturers.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Steve
Seasoned Pro

One of the ways to stop playing chipped games Is to have a download only service, Microsoft Is trying to do this with their " Games On Demand " Service, Rip off prices mind you.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

that's utter rubbish.
on the face of it shock horror, all that money.
however think about it, would everyone that has a pirate game buy the original if they couldn't get a pirate copy? didn't think so.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have noticed a healthy trade in X-Box hard drives Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
artificer
Grafter

these huge sums of money keep being tossed about by dinosaur business folk unwilling to figure out how to function now that the world has changed a bit.  this sort of bleating has been going on since hmv sat on tape recorders back in the early 20th century because they were so scared that tape would render platters obsolete.
there is always the crowd that eagerly embraces new technologies and opportunities and the mob that can't bear to change.  tough.  time and tide and all that.
it doesn't help that a bunch of spineless divots we had the misfortune to send to parliament panders to these old crocks.  it's no business of government that people bypass the rules and regulations of business.  business is well able to take care of itself, as witness the latest bonus packages for bwankers.
business folk need to get with the times and smarten up.  that or go by the wall and good riddance.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Bring DOWN the cost of new games then. Why pay £50 for a new game when in 6 months - 1 year it will be selling for £8? (Seen a copy of Bioshock 2 in Tesco for £8 that’s where I am getting the price from)  Crazy
I must admit that the number of games that I actually PLAY as opposed to try is LOW. There are some older games that are better than the newest ones anyway. And places like Blockbuster will hire you the latest game for a week or so to try it out.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I've never modded any of my consoles( And I've had them all ) And now my way of thinking Is unless Its a game I REALLY want I put off buying now until they are cheaper ( New of course ) I have had many bargains for a tenner this last while Including....
1. Mass effect 2 Xbox-360 £4.99 at Game(at the time)
2. Metroid other M for Wii £9.98 At Game( Was £30.00 at shopto.net!! (at the time)
3. Just cause 2 for Xbox-360 £9.98 at thehut.com
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.