cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technicolor tg582n and a BT dual band 610 wifi range extender.

DodRE

technicolor tg582n and a BT dual band 610 wifi range extender.

Rather hoping for some guidance on my dilemma with the above equipment. I have successfully set up the extender with my router with a good signal. However, when I attempt to connect to either the 2.5 of 5 GHz settings. The sign in to both of these requests the password. Information sheet states that it is the one from the router. The sign in fails with "Unchanged" within the password box. I enjoy a good connection on all devices direct with the router.  This is a barrier which I have failed to overcome. All guidance would be appreciated to enable me to connect.Sad

2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: technicolor tg582n and a BT dual band 610 wifi range extender.

Because you set your router password to be "Unchanged" or because you think your computer can understand English? 

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: technicolor tg582n and a BT dual band 610 wifi range extender.

First point: As this is a range extender, I would not expect the 5GHz connection to work as the 582n is only 2.4GHz.

According to the UG the SSID is EXT2-<582n SSID>, so you will need two separate connections setup on your device (laptop etc) and select the appropriate one.

Did you use WPS to connect the extender to the 582n? Have you checked that the extender is registered with the 582n (though you do say it is connected successfully)?

Have you copied the pass phrase from the 582n "connection" on your device to the extender connection? The UG only mentions WPS to connect the extender to the 582n, it is not clear if you can use WPS from the 582n via the extender to the client device.

The answers may be implied in your post, but explicit confirmation avoids confusion.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.