cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tbbMeter Trial - window size

radiobod

tbbMeter Trial - window size

I have just installed tbbMeter as part of the Plusnet broadband speed trial.  The main display window (thinkbroadband) is fine, but any other window I try to display is too small and only displays part of the window content.  I am unable to increase the size of the window or to move within it and am therefore unable to register the software or to provide the Instance Number.  Any ideas, anyone?
22 REPLIES 22
perfectday

Re: tbbMeter Trial - window size

click on 'menu' bottom right - then 'ttbinformation' - you will then see the instance number.
jim:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to you lot from TBB, thats three today
Just one point dont quote in full the preceeding thread, its a gin this forum rules and will get removed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why are we suddenly getting people asking questions about the crappy tbbMeter?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
matt_2k34
Grafter

Check your emails Jelv?
Looksy here?
Matt
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont know how you found that, I havnt had any Plusnet e-mails about it, and it is supposed to be in the Plusnet News section and dated 18th Feb, but if you go to that in the RH menu, no mention of it
Yet another PN secrect three monthe free?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They only started coming out yesterday evening or late afternoon - I received mine at 17:31
radiobod

This is seriously crappy software.  If I click on Menu (or right click into the main tbb window) the menu displays for a fraction of a second then disappears.  If I persist long enough it occasionally stays long enough for me to select something, but the resulting window is only partially displayed.  Thanks, perfectday, I can just read the Instance Number as the information page cuts off just below it, but it will not allow me to copy it so that I may then paste it into the email back to Plusnet.  Also, I still can't display enough of the Register page to select Register and it won't even allow me to close it, it comes straight back again.  I feel like ditching the whole thing.
Picnic
Grafter

I managed to register it ok and get my instance number which I've submitted but now everytime I click on tbbmeter's menu it goes busy and window's says it has stopped responding. I don't seem to be able to kill it with Task Manager either. I have to log off and back on or reboot to clear it  Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You will probably need to kill a process or two not just the application
Picnic
Grafter

That's what I had ended up doing but the [tt]ttbmeter.exe *32[/tt] never quits. The Window remains on screen with the classic bright view when an app becomes non responsive. It stops updating the graph when it goes wonky like this too and window's displays a busy cursor when the mouse is moved over it Sad Just checked, Task Manager's Application tab doesn't show ttbmeter in its list after it's died.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Look at processes for all users
Picnic
Grafter

On already. I've just discovered 2 untruths. Logging off is not sufficient to clear the process, only a restart of Windows fixes it. Secondly it doesn't happen every time as I just managed to access the menu again straight after a reboot
pierre_pierre
Grafter

hope you have a big data allowance, did you read the program description? see below
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That won't be a problem as you will see if you ever get the email