Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tablet trouble

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

tablet trouble

I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 that I got just over a year ago. Its always seemed to have niggles but we lived with it. Recently its got alot worse... graphical glitching and odd sqaures appearing on display, random reboots. Apps randomly and suddenly freezing and returning you to the home screen.  Sometimes they would restart sometimes not, and also scrolling through webpages can be  very jerky. Surprisingly Samsung told me it had a 24month warranty so it was duly sent back. They replaced the charger socket for some reason, but it was still the same. They reinstalled andoid as well. I sent it back again, and they informed me they could find nothing wrong,  but reinstated android again. Its still the same and they want me to send back a 3rd time.  I feel I am justified in asking for a replacement. The corruption looks like a software rendering issue, but this should have been fixed by reinstated android??? I am at a loss as to what may be wrong. When it works its fine, byt its just so damned unreliable. Samsung have tried to blame 3rd party apps being installed but as well as a weak excuse, I am running with just stock apps at the min. Would welcome any advice from anyine with experience of tablets or android as its not my strong point.
4 REPLIES 4
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: tablet trouble

it sounds more like the vreg in the gfx cache is shot if your getting odd pixilation that's non persistent, probably caused by faulty parts which was a serious plague in high end gfx cards a few years ago and has seen more than a few of the budget tablets go belly up, your best bet is to tell them its intermittent pixel anomalies and make of note of what apps always cause it (some are more gfx intensive than others)  and what apps sometimes cause it then let them have a play and recreate the issue while your at the service desk so they can decide on replacement or not.
many of these things are cheap because they expect them to be broken and tossed in the bin inside the 2 year period (via impact damage from dropping) so they use poor quality components to save costs and maximise profits ....... apple OTOH use the same junk parts and charge through the nose then refuse to help when it goes belly up .......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Mav
Fixes: 515

Can you not get an independent report to confirm your own findings.
Where did you buy it? They should be the ones dealing with it. Tell them that you'll get an independent report and if it confirms it's an inherent fault then they should replace it.
Also, check the web to see if any others have been reporting same/similar issue. Although this isn't evidence in itself it can help add weight to any further claim to get it replaced plus they must pay back any costs incurred for the independent report.
HTH.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks. I did contact amazon originally but they passed me on to Samsung as it was 6 weeks out of its 12 months warranty. Samsung however offer a 24 month warranty. After Samsung failed to repair I got back in touch with amazon stating that the tablet was not fit for purpose and had not lasted for a reasonable length of time given the purchase price. Amazon have now agreed to a settlement that is mutually agreeable and I will also keep the tablet to do what I will with it.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Nice to hear a good news story about duff items...  Wink