cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to another provider

katejmason

switching to another provider

Not sure where to post this question so that's why it's here.
If I switch from plusnet to another provider after a year do I still have to pay any fees?
Got an offer from orange of unlimited broadband for £5 a month and £13.50 line rental including evening and weekend calls and a £40 M&S gift card.
Beats paying £17.99 a month just for broadband alone, that's limited to 60GB.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
artificer
Grafter

Re: switching to another provider

no way are you going to get unlimited broadband for five quid a month.  suggest you read small print.  as i recall, most of these offers are tasty lookin lures for the unwary.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like 'kbm300609' is correct  Shocked
Go to https://broadband.orange.co.uk/compare-competitors/  and then select the "Broadband and Off Peak Calls" tab.
There is mention of fair usage limits on phone calls and WiFi elements of the package,  but I can't see any figures for broadband limitations in the T&Cs at the very bottom of the page.
On this page - https://broadband.orange.co.uk/home  it says -
unlimited broadband usage - no extra costs' means use as many MB/GB as you like without being charged more. We manage our network at peak and congested times by prioritising gaming and voice over the internet and slowing down peer to peer and newsgroup services.

so although the download capacity appears to be truly unlimited, it would be worth investigating if the speed throttling is an issue for existing customers- before signing up !.
BryanP
Grafter

I've just looked at this and notice that if you have an Orange Mobile Account you get £5 of your monthly bill, is this the start of free broadband?
Read the Terms & Conditions and Orange can increase the price on an annual basis as I have found out after receiving a letter from them informing me that my business account with them will be increasing by 3% next month and referring me to the terms in their contract, I cannot move without a large penalty because I have 18 months left on my contract.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

The throttling on p2p is certainly more extreme than the PN throttling, from what I have seen.
Quote from: BryanP
I've just looked at this and notice that if you have an Orange Mobile Account you get £5 of your monthly bill, is this the start of free broadband?

The £5 is the orange customer price, non-orange customers will pay £10
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If you have a good mobile deal with O2 for example there could be cost implications of switching your mobile service to Orange.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Steve
Seasoned Pro

That's easily solved Strat, Just get a PAYG Sim then top It up and then bang, Your a customer. Then revert to your O2 mobile, A representative told me to do this a couple year back.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.