cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surround sound

Brickinit
Grafter

surround sound

built myself a media center and i am trying to figure out the best way to setup a surround sound system to go with it. can i just use the audio out put from the motherboard which is 5.1 or should i come of the back of the TV and then into an amp ect?
4 REPLIES 4
jmd
Grafter

Re: surround sound

oh gosh, another serious thread - on a Saturday night too! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

To use surround sound you need four speakers, one in each corner of the room, and look in your sound card settings to see if it supports surround sound..... I remember my W95  desktop did, and you had a test which simulated a helicopter  flying round your front room...........

Quote from: jmd
oh gosh, another serious thread - on a Saturday night too! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

And I fell for it ............ hook, line, and soundcard  Grin  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and dont forget the one for the young idiots that goes bump bump in the front middle Kiss
Dont think TV's give out 5.1 only DVD  (and Maybe HD)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you want to go high end, get a soundcard with optical out and a surround sound amp with optical in (and a decent speaker set). If you're not too worried about spending loads, get a powered speaker set and just use 3.5mm jack -> phono leads to connect it up.