cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart tvs

barryr58

smart tvs

does anyone have any problems getting thier laptop to smart tv hooked up as im having trouble sorting mine out as my new ty does not wont to pick it up and plusnet dont seem to know how to help as they say they have not heard of "intrution detection" or somthing can any one help me.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: smart tvs

Hi,
Well if you can give is a bit more information on your TV, how your connecting it and the source of the error, that would be helpful.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

My TV is a bit thick - but I can still connect via DLNA+LAN or via PC -> Raspberry Pi+LAN -> TV.
Haven't tried a direct VGA connection.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

do you mean "intrusion detection" ?
and where is that "intrusion" being registered, is it on the laptop, router or tv ?
if its on the laptop and it directly relates to the TV connection chances are you need to change the firewall settings for that connection.
if its on the TV then again chances are you need to change a setting
if its on the router chances are there is a problem with the TV calling home and an the update server appearing to send an unsolicited connection attempt to the TV's default LAN address (which is in all likelihood the wrong one for your LAN)
make and model of both tv + laptop any firewall software details and router make/model would also greatly help with any attempts to give advice
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

i have a samsung smart TV  and i connect my PC and lappy VIA samsung share  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

How do you get your TV programme list if it doesn't do a download via the internet?
(Unless you only want freeview programmes).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."