Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sip to sip calls

puddy
Grafter

sip to sip calls

This question has been asked many times but has never very been answered
We cannot make sip to sip calls why?
I tried a call to my sipgate account and I get the 404 error?  I cannot make a sipgate call to a plusnet customer.
Please let us know what the problem is or at least tell us if this is being looked in to.  I thought voip was setup so we could make calls free of charge to other voip users
Puddy
ps can we make voip calls to customer services/tech support free of charge now?
Puddy
9 REPLIES 9
pnf
Grafter

Re: sip to sip calls

Quote from: puddy

... Please let us know what the problem is or at least tell us if this is being looked in to... 

Yes, it would be useful to get some feedback on this and the other issues that have been raised so far.  A simple response to indicate that the problem is being looked at would be useful together with any early thoughts on what might be causing the problem.  Additionally, maybe some kind of notification when a fix has been implemented to indicate that we should retry a particular feature or maybe that you need further help with troubleshooting.
RichSmol
Grafter

Hi there guys,
This has been registered as a fault and our supplier engineers are aware of the issue. At the moment i can only think that this is a routing issue, maybe something wrong with the interconnects between Gradwell and X-Connect (the peering provider used by Gradwell). Please bare with us....
Its difficult to assertain when items will get seen to at the moment. We have a massive to-do list to work through - this is high up on the list and I do fully expect a resolution to the problem within a 'suitable' timeframe. As this is a trial, please be aware that it may take slightly longer to fix cosmetic items such as portal content or 'nice to haves'. We are working hard to ensure that our trialists get a service which is as close to the real thing as possible.
cheers - keep the feedback coming!  Grin
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: RichSmol
Hi there guys,
as this is a trial, please be aware that it may take slightly longer to fix cosmetic items such as portal content or 'nice to haves'.

I thought the main reason to have a voip service was the ability to make free calls to other users (sip to sip)  I do not consider this a "nice to have/cosmetic"  but the main part of voip service
Puddy
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Puddy, the main reason for having a beta trial is to find all these problems so that they can be fixed before the service is officially launched.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jakejohnson
Dabbler

Hi all,
Just to say that we are working on a solution and we should have something for you soon.
Sorry for the lack of updates.
Thanks,
Jake
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
Puddy, the main reason for having a beta trial is to find all these problems so that they can be fixed before the service is officially launched.
Phil

Yes I know that and was not happy when being told it’s a nice to have/cosmetic function.
This function is a major part of VoIP service (free calls)
In addition sip to sip call failure was not being addressed even though beta customers alerted plusnet about this problem days ago and had no reply

Puddy
siemens 460ip dect phone
SpeedTouch 716wl v5
RichSmol
Grafter

Heres the latest on the SIP to SIP calling issues:
I've done some testing and heres my test results for a selection of echo tests/Account numbers i could find to dial to:
PlusNet:
**768<my account> - 408 request timed out

AQL:
**275<account number> - reached extension voicemail account ok

FWD:
**393613 (echo test) - 408 request timed out

VoIPtalk:
**878904 (echo test) - 408 request timed out

Sipphone:
**747<long echo test number> - works fine

VoIPfone:
**867152 (echo test) - works fine
Sipgate:
**777<account number> - this does not work, Gradwell have not got an agreement in place with Sipgate to do this. The agreement does cover calls to the assigned DDI. For instance,
Dialling **77744<1141234567> - i.e. dialling the prefix then the number in international format - this worked fine and the call was not charged either.
Please add any other SIP peerings you are having problems with, the number you are dialling (if its an echo test or other service number), the time of the call and the error message.
I've raised this issue with Gradwell.
Piskey

I've done some testing and heres my test results for a selection of echo tests/Account numbers i could find to dial to:
PlusNet:
**768<my account> - 408 request timed out

AQL:
**275<account number> - reached extension voicemail account ok

FWD:
**393613 (echo test) - 408 request timed out

VoIPtalk:
**878904 (echo test) - 408 request timed out

Sipphone:
**747<long echo test number> - works fine

VoIPfone:
**867152 (echo test) - works fine
Sipgate:
**777<account number> - this does not work, Gradwell have not got an agreement in place with Sipgate to do this. The agreement does cover calls to the assigned DDI. For instance,
Dialling **77744<1141234567> - i.e. dialling the prefix then the number in international format - this worked fine and the call was not charged either.
Please add any other SIP peerings you are having problems with, the number you are dialling (if its an echo test or other service number), the time of the call and the error message.
I've raised this issue with Gradwell.

I can confirm that:
Dialling **77744<area-code-number> lets me call my sipgate account from my plusnet account and a sipgate colleague.
Dialling 000472<plusnet number> from my sipgate account gets the "is unavailable" message and transfers to voicemail.
VOIPfone echo test works.
123 to the clock works.
I'm "Johnny no mates" on the plusnet trial so can't test SIP to SIP
Piskey
puddy
Grafter

Sipgate:

This is listed on the forum by rogerloxton Forum Moderator as working, even the number to use  I get status 404
Please advise
Puddy