cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple faults that can get fixed without phoning plus net.

idlewis
Grafter

simple faults that can get fixed without phoning plus net.

Hi
Do you think it is a good idea to post or give out to customers what simple faults that cause the broadband not working i.e a virus - need to get anti virus software before phoning plus net.
Idem
5 REPLIES 5
Santiago
Grafter

Re: simple faults that can get fixed without phoning plus net.

Yes I do and so do Plusnet.
That's why they have a Help & Support section in the Member Centre
http://www.plus.net/support/?helpheader=support
idlewis
Grafter

I know that but a couple of months ago my broadband was not working and cannot access TV online as it kept on buffering plus the Router was flickering.  This went on for a month before someone at the paper shop asked have I got anti virus software which I did not. have and the situation improved since I bought anti virus software but despite a number of times phoning or contacting plus net online no one there said it was virus problem hence the reason the reason why I posted this.  If plus net gave out hints or tips or do's and dont's about broadband then for people like myself who live alone and got anxiety problems, it saves a lot of time, energy and money solving the simple things if someone exhausted all avenues before really looking into the problem as plus net posted me a new router as well.
Not applicable

You are right - there are many simple remedies to faults if we did but know them. It is always a tad embarrassing to telephone CS only to find that the 'fault' can be fixed quickly and easily.
Don't worry about it though - we have all been there at sometime or the other (hands up  :-[).  Also, I would imagine that for CS it is all part of the days work and good to solve something less complicated.
There is always this forum and other forums to gain information from and mostly folk are very pleased to help so post away if you have any problems (or not).
idlewis
Grafter

Thanks very much Poppy for that information I will post away at the forum the next time I have a problem with my Broadband.  I am a lot happier now that you have replied to my post positively  Smiley and I am not the only one who were in the same situation.
Thanks again Poppy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another surprising security thing is that people forget their wireless security and then complain about their high usage.  The PN Router comes with WPA installed as WEP security can be cracked in seconds, and no security is asking for trouble
Sniffing the WiFi in my vicinity there are three with none and two with WEP