cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up .co.uk e-mail outlook 2007

Brickinit
Grafter

setting up .co.uk e-mail outlook 2007

i have had a major crash on my PC which has ment me having to reinstall Win XP and Office 2007, i have set up Outlook to recieve my e-mail for  me@domain.plus.net but i can't for the life of me remember how to set up my plusnet hosted .co.uk email account, me@domain.co.uk have looked at the help pages but still can do it. lucky i had quite a recently saved .pst file, if anyone can give me some pointers with this it would be much appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: setting up .co.uk e-mail outlook 2007

Go to your member s page > left hand side.... My Account > Email settings > manage my mail > (find tab) Aliases > under "add a new alias"  enter new alias in box.....then click ADD on the bottom of the page...
(I think... !  )
I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong !... Embarrassed Undecided Undecided
Brickinit
Grafter

sorry what i ment was to set up my .co.uk e-mail account in Outlook.
it should still be set up in Plusnet as that hasn't been altered
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mail to your hosted domain should be delivered to your default mailbox (domain.plus.net)
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Denzil
Grafter

Any email client can be set up to retrieve email from a number of domains, wherever they are hosted. If email to your domain is not directed to your default mailbox you just need to set up a new account and enter the login details. There is a guide here for Outlook.
Once you have set up a second account it will be visible as a separate set of folders in the left hand pane.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have three domain names, user.free-online.co.uk,  user.idps.co.uk  and user.me.uk  all supplied by PN,  they are all delivered to my free-online address by default, no need for an entry in OE.  But you can sort and reject on the full name if you want.  But if you want to send by a particular extension, you have to set up a mailbox
Brickinit
Grafter

i think my problem is i can not remember my password for that domain, have raised a ticket 24 hours ago but no reply as yet.maybe tommorrow!!!!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:setting up .co.uk e-mail outlook 2007

Any emails sent to your @domainname.co.uk address will be received by the same @username.plus.com mailbox.
You don't need a specific password for your domain, you collect mail in the same way as you do for your @username.plus.com addresses.
Example:
I have a username of chris and a domain name of parr.co.uk
Any email sent to mail@chris.plus.com will also be received to mail@parr.co.uk
All you need to do in your mail client is set up the 'from' address to show as your domain email address.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

as far as sending is concerned, for the post box that you have forgotten your pass word, copy all the received mail to another box, then go into manage mail, delete that box and set up another one with the same name and a new pass word, think that should  work, you can then copy the moved mail back