Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up IP addresses and network printe

juliasdream
Grafter

setting up IP addresses and network printe

I have a few problems with setting up a network
I need to know how to manually assign IP addresses for each computer and a network printer
The printer is being picked up and drivers installed. Then after a reboot I have to re-install the drivers each time
Any help would be apreciated
Thanks
4 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

Re: setting up IP addresses and network printe

Not a lot to go on, but I would hazard a guess that the printer has DHCP enabled, and each time its IP address changes the PC thinks it is a new printer. Somewhere in the printer set-up there should be an option to turn off DHCP and set a fixed IP address. What make/model of printer have you got?
Fixes: 341

I can reserve a DHCP assigned address in my router, this might be an option for you so that the printer keeps the same IP address.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

juliasdream
Grafter

Thanks for that
Must I set up the IP addresses from within my router or should I do it through Windows?
If so can you tell me how?
Thanks
Denzil
Grafter

The printer will be set up either from its own buttons and display, or through a web interface. If through a web interface, you will need to know what to type in the browser address bar, as you won't know the IP address. The printer manual will tell you what to do, or, like I said Wink, tell us the model of the printer and we might know.
Likewise the router will be set up through its own web interface. Again, you need to know either its IP address or a name to type in the browser address bar. If you can tell us what the router is we should be able to help with that as well.