Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd card issues, galaxy tab 2

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

sd card issues, galaxy tab 2

I have solved this but wondered if it had been seen before.
I have a galaxy tab 2 10.2, and recently bought a 32gb micro sd card for it, mainly for films.  I put it in the tab, and it was recognised fine, but I could not write to it. Formatted it, removed it, reinserted it etc, to no avail. Google searches did nothing either. Finally I unmounted it, then remounted it, and now I can write to it. Very odd.... It is a generic card, bought off ebay.
Any comments would be welcome....
5 REPLIES 5
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: sd card issues, galaxy tab 2

I assume this is similar to a Galaxy S2. To format a card you have to unmount it. Then you have to mount it to use it. Same if you want to remove it.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks. I had done all that, but it didnt work. On the off chance I removed the card, reinserted it, and the unmounted and mounted it. It then worked..... still cant use the tablets built in file browser to create files on the card, but downloaded another one that works ok....
Dosnt seem to be any way of moving apps to sd card like I can with my phone...
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Well its done it again, cant write to it, or delete from it. P**** me off a bit.... Tried mounting, and unmounting to no avail... Its a generic 32gb class 10 card. I am going to try formatting in my laptop, to fat32, and see whay happens. Failing that it samsung support. I suppose it could be a faulty card.....
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: penfold
Its a generic 32gb class 10 card.

That's the problem Shocked  I presume it works fine in a reader attached to your system? Some combinations of cards/readers seem to be incompatible; often both are in spec but timings are still not compatible. I have a Transcend 16GB SDHC card that will not work properly in a SONY camcorder (it only works for a few minutes), but the card works in a digital camera without problems (at least none that I have noticed Huh ).
I first met this type of problem 35 years ago - with high performance tape decks (ICL system). Six decks and just two did not "exchange" tapes; though both were in spec, the head alignments were at opposite limits Roll_eyes
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks. Def a dodgy card, put my wifes 2gb card in from her phone, worked like a charm. So off to buy a proper card now.