Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving avast

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

saving avast

I Currently use avast (free), Comodo firewall & a number of other useful anti spyware progs.
Is it possible to download and save these programs to disk ? The reason why I would want to do this is in case I need to do a fresh reinstall of windows due to the vast clutter on my computer. It would also be useful to have a copy of these programs in case of an emergency should my computer go down and a fresh reinstall was the only answer.
Clearly I could not go on line without having an anti virus program running hence my question about down loading and saving these programs.
I do note that avast gives 60 days use before it needs to be registered, does this mean 60 days from when it is installed or from when it's downloaded.
Thanks for your help
We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
hulls
Grafter

Re: saving avast

I thought it would be the case, but just tried it.  As usual, when you click to download Avast, you're given the option to run the program, or save it.  If you save it, you could put it somewhere safe in case you needed it again, and reinstall.
John
scootie
Grafter

Yep if you save them to hard disk and then burn the downloaded files to cd/usb stick.
If you still have the install files from when you downloaded them first time just chuck them on to cd/usb stick if your on a usage limit package it will save some bandwidth that way Wink
I do note that avast gives 60 days use before it needs to be registered, does this mean 60 days from when it is installed or from when it's downloaded.

60 days from when you install and first run. Not download
samuria
Grafter

You can save these things the problem is unless you update them they may not work or would be infective as it could be months before you need them.
If you do save them you need to make it a monthly task to download the latest versions one answer is to use a portable AV like Clam as its doesnt need to be installed it just runs from a pen drive or floppy