cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router issues

jenhen70

router issues

Over the last 3 days my router has gone through a routine of losing the wifi connection.  First the light flashes green, then steady green, then flashing orange, then steady orange with the broadband light on then back to blue.  It is painful as I am working from home and require a constant connection for online meetings.  Please could you advise why it is going through this pattern at least every couple of hours.  I have switched from another provider and over the last 3 years have never had a broadband issue, so I know my line is pretty solid, especially as my phone is all good too.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: router issues

More information about what router it is... make ... model... and who supplied it... did you buy it, or is it PlusNet issued one ?

jenhen70

Hi it's the Plusnet one hub. Only signed up to Plusnet 3 weeks ago.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Have you tried another router - an "unlocked" router can be configured for Plusnet.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Description of hub lights can be found here

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/ 

For the hub power light to turn green suggests the hub is actually booting up, like as if power to the hub had been turned off and on.  Could be faulty hub or power adapter?

The orange light is an indication there is no working internet connection.

I can only suggest you log into the hub by pointing a web browser to 192.168.1.254 and verify your Plusnet account username is visible, instead of the default setup@plusds.net account.

This thread should really be moved to the 'Router' sub forum imho.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-