Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommendations for domain and web hosting for less than £130.31 for 2 years

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

recommendations for domain and web hosting for less than £130.31 for 2 years

Hi there.
I'm the webmaster for a church website: www.stpetersbraunstone.org.uk and our domain & hosting renewal is coming up, so I'm looking to see if there's a better deal.
We're with namehog.net (and have been for 2 years with no problems at all) on their Professional package.  The renewal fees are £105 (web hosting) + £5.90 (domain name) + VAT to cover the next 2 years, which comes to £130.31. 
The site is powered by WordPress, so PHP and MySQL are needed.  And we upload lots of photos, so need at least 250MB webspace I'd have thought.  So far, our highest monthly bandwidth usage has been under 800MB, and our visitor numbers are increasing and our highest monthly figure so far was 401.
Any recommendations?
Martin
5 REPLIES 5
gswindale
Grafter

Re: recommendations for domain and web hosting for less than £130.31 for 2 years

That does seem a little pricey.
I'm currently using Streamline.net on their "Power User" Package - £47.98 for 2 years up front with PHP/MySQL support included.
trev

Re: recommendations for domain and web hosting for less than £130.31 for 2 years

I'm with Fuzioned good prices, good service, friendly forums, and good support.  Can't complain about anything really for what I'm paying.
The bronze package gives 750Mb disk space and 10,000Mb monthly bandwidth for £25 a year.  That should do for your site.  Domain registration/renewal services cost extra, £3.50 per .uk and £6.50 if it's a .com
HTH
*Disclaimer - I'm not involved with Fuzioned in any way, just a satisfied customer.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I've been using Red Fox Hosting for some years - very happy!
http://www.redfoxhosting.co.uk/
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for these so far... I'd like a few more please! Smiley
I was thinking of going with www.streamline.net but l found some people had very bad experiences with them and their CEO on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
Has anyone heard of www.no-wires.co.uk ?  I found them in my bookmarks, so must have come across them in some positive light.  Their prices and product seems good, but haven't found any reviews of them.
Red Fox Hosting looks good and has good reviews (with the odd bad one as you might expect).  But their basic package offers more than I need (and so is priced a bit higher than these others).
Any other ideas gratefully received.
Martin
aetos
Grafter

Send me a PM with your details and i will get in touch with you. I have my own vps and host a number of not for profit and church sites..
MArk