Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving Yahoo Email into Windows Mail

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: receiving Yahoo Email into Windows Mail

Quote from: rogerloxton
, but you cannot collect your yahoo mail via a pop3 client.

Well it looks like you can't but I can.........
Obviously not a consistent service  Crazy
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

yes.. definitely!  Cheesy
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi, conflicting answers here, I am using Office Outlook 2007 and for some time have been collecting my Yahoo Mail with no problems with the setting as I stated above, its only when I decided to use Windows Mail that I had problems setting up Windows mail with settings I have used in Outlook.
My Outlook is still receiving mail no problem.
I cannot get windows Mail to receive Yahoo mail whatever settings I use, I have never had to upgrade to the Plus service to receive the Yahoo mail, the only thing that I can think of is that to receive my Yahoo mail I only can use one email client, if i took off Outlook or deleted the Yahoo account form within Outlook it might work, which at the moment I am not going to do, I'm giving it up as a bad idea but would like to thank all the members who came up with the advice.
once again thanks
jono
HPsauce
Pro

And just to add some confusion, today I can't send! Error: 0x800CCC0F
(it definitely receives OK)
Very strange, but it's been inconsistent for ages and I mostly only receive email from Yahoo so haven't sent any for a few days.
No idea if it's relevant but my account was set up in March 2007 and the settings (noted earlier) are DEFINITELY what the online help says to use.
And looking back I can see I did some testing (to help someone else having Yahoo email weirdness - a regular "feature") and have noted this:
"Sometimes it won't send, giving an error then works if you retry immediately."
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: HPsauce
And just to add some confusion, today I can't send! Error: 0x800CCC0F
(it definitely receives OK)

And this evening the message has changed again, what are Yahoo up to?
Server Response: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel.
Remote IP is over the limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day.
Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC61
Protocol: SMTP Port: 465 Secure(SSL): Yes
HPsauce
Pro

And today I had a play around.
Set sending to plain old Port 25 no SSL and it worked!
(receive is still SSL on 995)
Even weirder  Crazy
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi to all, Just thought I'd update the question I asked about Yahoo mail and windows Mail, I gave up trying to set Windows Mail to receive my Yahoo mail, but as I stated in my question above I am running Office Outlook and up to now Yahoo was not causing me any problems, well it wasn't, but it is now.
I installed Outlook connect because I have a Hotmail account which I have had for some years, it set up OK and now I receive my Hotmail Mail direct to my computer through Outlook with out having to visit the Hotmail site, Yahoo decided to play up giving me an error message as soon as I installed Outlook Connect so I removed the Yahoo account from Outlook, I now receive Yahoo mail, I don't know how but i have just received an update about an insurance quote, It appeared in my Yahoo email file i still have in Outlook. I sent another from my plusnet account and it arrived into the Yahoo folder.
Computers never cease to amaze me
regards to all who tried to help
jono