Did you mean: 

"Windows 7 is the same as Ubuntu"

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

"Windows 7 is the same as Ubuntu"

To a 17 year old.
Check out http://education.zdnet.com/?p=2770&tag=nl.e550
I was going to post this in the *nix section but here seems more appropriate Shocked
3 REPLIES 3
scootie
Grafter

Re: "Windows 7 is the same as Ubuntu"

yeah like it says tho the kid lives in browser. so my take of that review is ie8 is as good as firefox ect
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

The thing is to most people, what they want their computer to do is to surf, process emails and listen to music. After that it is instant messaging etc, then possibly a word processor to write letters on (if they still do that).
Myself I don't mind not having my machine slowed down with av/anti spyware software just to browse the 'net. I had to try to fix my neighbors pc a couple of days ago, I coundn't even do an online virus scan or update adaware because of a piece of malware, and he was running "Norton Internet Security" PAH!
I put in a mint cd and had him browsing and listening to online music in a few minutes from the cd, try that with XP! Cheesy
As I said to him, keep the pc for the net and use your Wii for gaming (I use an Xbox 360 like you but not online)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

So why would anyone pay for Windows 7? Smiley
Plus all the extra rubbish that you have to install, such as anti-virus etc?
Not to mention all those drivers that you have to install.
Also, when Windows 8 comes out, you probably can't do an upgrade - you have wipe your disc and start again!
Ah yes - the Windows registry - what happens if it gets destroyed?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."