Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Connectivity Issues" - Hmph !

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

"Connectivity Issues" - Hmph !

Due to some recent work we have carried out migrating customers on to IPStream Connect.
Any customers who in the past have transferred to Plusnet will now need to update the username in the router to Username@Plusdsl.net
This should then enable you to connect.
If you are still experiencing difficulties please do not hesitate to call

Erm..... "If your are still experiencing difficulties.............."........... you probably won`t get this email telling you not to hesitate and call us
( and then hear the PlusNet Greeting message that you can also log on to the internet at www.plus.net ; ) Roll_eyes
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: "Connectivity Issues" - Hmph !

... but those using alternative means to connect might - or even ask a friend to check for them. Tongue
David
shutter
Community Veteran

I wonder how many of PlusNet customers have "alternative means"..... I don`t... so would not get that email (if it applied to me)...  Undecided
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That was one of the worst service status announcements I've seen - I didn't have a clue what it was on about until Chris posted the later update.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We've addressed the service status post internally and we're getting another update out shortly (probably already there).
@shutter, would you prefer us not to post service status so those who don't have smartphone/3g dongles/alternate internet access don't know what's going on either?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran

it is just the "sort of" contradictory content, that confuses me.....
On the one hand you are promulgating information that people cannot connect,  which is good,
but if they cannot connect, then they do not get the information about WHY they cannot log on, and connect.... so sending them an email, telling them how and why will not do any good...
.(.the information contained in the email is of no significance to anyone that is logged on, and connected and can receive emails.... )
so, what do they do? go to the phone, to find out why....
and get a message telling them that they can also get in touch via the internet on "www.plus.net"... which they can`t... and that is why they are phoning up...
just seems to add insult to injury..... Undecided
Bremmy
Dabbler

That's the beauty of email.... you don't NEED to connect to PN to access it. That's the point I think Chris was making. I check my inboxes from my work PC during the day, and also forward service status updates to Gmail.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Wouldn't it be better to tell the customers affected Before you change their username.  You do know its going to happen well in advance, this can't be a quick job.  So there is plenty of time to warn people via email days if not a week in advanced.
If you do that for future, make it's Subject obvious that its not auto deleted, as we can do with your mailing list spam that comes through at times.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Gus,
The affected customers were those who had transferred into Plusnet from some of the other ISPs that are under our umbrella, during the migration to Plusnet they are told to change username to username@plusdsl.net. We also directly emailed (twice) the customers who would have had to change their passwords.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.