cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proboards.com

Leanear2

Re: proboards.com

Thankyou Bob and team.  I've just checked our proboards forum and it's working beautifully now.  Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Yep, it's now fixed! Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Leanear2

Then it wasn't  Undecided
Sorry after it was working fine last night, I've just logged on and am now getting the same message up
"Squid did not receive any data for this request."
I've posted a message on the same thread as yesterday on Proboards, so hopefully you'll both work together on it and find a solution.
johnmglen
Grafter

I am getting the same problem with proboards and the implementation of the IWF list.  Just as Leanear2 is finding, all was well yesterday and now it has reverted to not being functional.  I have raised tickets, no response from PN yet, this is slow service by PN's standards.  Come on guys, let's have it fixed please. 
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sorry guys, temporary relapse this morning! Sad
Should be fixed again now! Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Greycut
Grafter

Seems like I have the same problem except with Freeforums.  Can some nice support person please do the necessary:
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.thecluelessadventurers.freeforums.org/index.php
The following error was encountered:
Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generated Sat, 18 Dec 2010 20:06:30 GMT by pcl-iwfcache04.plus.net (squid)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

worked OK here
pierre_pierre
Grafter

do you mean this one 
Greycut
Grafter

Yes thats the forum. 
I've had a look around on google and there seems to be various reports of this problem with plusnet, that seems to effect some people and not others.  The page will not load and gives the error message I posted.
I booted up the family desktop and don't have this problem on it, yet my business laptop still gets this same error.  Cookies cleared, temp internet files cleared.  I can get to other forums sites on Freeforums.org but not that particular one I use.  Even changed to Google dns servers and still the same.
Any ideas?
Greycut
Grafter

Well towards the late evening I managed to connect occassionally and this morning its working with no problem at all. 
Nothing changed at my end, so I guess it just one of those interthingy things.
edrandall
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I started to have this same problem this week with http://t-a-c.actionboard.net/ which is hosted on http://www.forumotion.com/ ; Sad
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://t-a-c.actionboard.net/post
The following error was encountered:
Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.
Generated Thu, 07 Jul 2011 12:58:22 GMT by pcl-iwfcache03.plus.net (squid)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

seems to be working for me with Plusnet as primary DNS and Google as secondary
edrandall
Rising Star

It fails when I try to post a new message or make an edit to an existing post.
I had the error just now from pcl-iwfcache01.plus.net and pcl-iwfcache03.plus.net
If I use a proxy eg www.daveproxy.co.uk or access via the work internet connection everything works fine.
It only fails when going direct from my PlusNet connection .
I started this thread for testing it: http://t-a-c.actionboard.net/t1242-isp-test-topic
The  connection settings in my router are
Default Gateway: 195.166.128.243
Primary DNS: 212.159.6.9
Secondary DNS: 212.159.6.10
I understand this is happening because of the PlusNet Internet Watch Foundation solution.
There are a *LOT* of cases where users have been inconvenienced by PlusNet's IWF solution over the past few years.  Various forums, Flickr, ...
I refer PlusNet to the IWF "Blocking Good Practice" at http://www.iwf.org.uk/services/blocking/blocking-good-practice :
- Blocking should be carried out on a URL-specific basis and not at domain level
- We oblige those taking the list to regularly test and certify whether their blocking solution is effective at preventing access to content
- We recommend the use of a specific splash page when users’ requests for web pages on the list are denied*
- We subject the process of URL inclusion on the list to independent inspection
- We provide a robust complaints process allowing anyone to appeal against the inclusion of a URL on the list
edrandall
Rising Star

Is this actually an acceptable response?  My internet browsing experience is partially deliberately broken and they will not fix it.  Why would I now stay with PlusNet?
Thank you for your contact,
We have investigated the reasoning of why access to this particular hosts are intercepted by our IWF servers, unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to whitelist due to the nature and configuration of the host. Whilst we appreciate the inconvenience of this matter, you should look at either using a host that provides subscription based forums ( which evades the posting of defamatory material) or if indeed when you need to access the forums in question is to use a proxy server.
Kind regards,
matt_2k34
Grafter

Is this actually an acceptable response?

YES

Internet Watch Foundation | iwf.org.uk
www.iwf.org.uk      
Internet Watch Foundation (IWF), combating online child sexual abuse content in partnership with police, government and the online industry.

Use a reliable, better host - preferably one that doesnt allow that sort of [Censored] ^ to go on their servers.
I wouldnt even want to associate myself, My IP or hostname with anything on their server.
Simplest solution: Move to a better / more reliable provider, and if it means having to pay a little for it - then so be it

Why would I now stay with PlusNet?

Because you have morals, and arent a sick and deranged individual trying to gain access to that sort of content.

due to the nature and configuration of the host

Thats a shared host, sharing the same resources as Someone (Something) which is distributing / sharing content which the IWF will have an issue with.

Just my 2p of course.  Roll_eyes
Regards