cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proboards.com

cameo25

proboards.com

Hi,
I am having massive difficulty using the proboards.com forums at the moment, posting anything is almost impossible, keep getting the error below ... anyone else getting the error and worked out how to fix it ... proboards are blaming plusnet.
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://boardname.proboards.com/index.cgi
The following error was encountered:
   * Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.
Generated Sat, 13 Mar 2010 01:12:17 GMT by pcl-iwfcache03.plus.net (squid)
Their support page on the error :-
http://support.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=support&action=display&thread=348409
29 REPLIES 29
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: proboards.com

Welcome to this forum
that command works for me
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and I thought the Plusnet pink was garish  Embarrassed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

My graphics card's just gone on strike. Roll_eyes
What can people be thinking of making a site like that Shocked
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
cameo25

I changed the the name of board to boardname as issue is on more than one proboards site ... never realised it existed and yes it is garish.
Getting to the boards is not a problem, it is using them once you re there that is the major issue ... as soon as you ask it do do anythin you get these squid errors out of the plusnet squid cache it would seem .... why I do not know!
Errors seem to come out of pcl-iwfcache03.plus.net and pcl-iwfcache04.plus.net
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just been looking at one for Southend Hospital, their IT man should have the sack http://www.southend.nhs.uk/
look at the top buttons and this at the bottom i.e. " 4visitors"
This site is optimised for viewing in Internet Explorer 5+
Copyright © 2005/06 Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Secure Staff Login

Thought that was against the discrimination act
Waldo
Grafter

Quote from: cameo25
Errors seem to come out of pcl-iwfcache03.plus.net and pcl-iwfcache04.plus.net

I believe that's iwf as in Internet Watch Foundation; Plusnet operate a proxy server intended to prevent unintentional access to images of child abuse.
Possibly the proxy has been misconfigured or someone has posted something nasty to one of the proboards forums (the former seems most likely if it's affecting only some Plusnet customers).
cameo25

Posted a trouble ticket yesterday lunch time ... but not response yet gggrrrr!
I am not the only on affected by this ... do we know if it is being investigated ... I can view (sometimes with many cancel and refreshes), but not able to post anything to proboards
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

As alluded to by Waldo, it's our IWF proxies getting into a pickle with the HTTP transaction when you try making a post. It should be relatively easy to fix once your ticket gets picked up by our networks folk (who don't work over the weekend BTW).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

neil29679

i too am experiencing this issue as of a few days ago. do i need to raise my own support ticket or will this be dealt with as it is?
Leanear2

Hi I have a proboards account and am experiencing the same problems using plusnet as above.
This is a message from Martyn Dale, Proboards Staff, who asked for it to be passed on to here..........................

I found the following post on their support forum:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84274.msg695714.html

]I tried to post in that thread but registration is for customers only. If someone could make a post in the thread directing Bob or any of their other support staff to this post i would appreciate it.
--
Plusnet support,
If you are unable to identify the problem causing these issues, please feel free to get hold of me at martyn (at) proboards.com so we can work on rectifying the situation for both of our customers.
At a glance, i would suggest the issue is relating to packet sizes, specifically MTU/MSS sizes.
The reason i have gone down this road is reading reports from users. Any simple request or small posts work without issue, while anything submission or request larger fails with the error you have already been provided.
Nothing at this end has been changed in that regard in around 2 years, and the problem seems limited to your customers starting a couple of days ago. Hopefully its just a case of reverting whatever change was made at that point.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Leanear2, can you point me to the URL where Martyn posted that?
BTW, we now have an internal problem raised to address this issue (ref: 61025), I'll push for it to be looked at later today when the Net-Ops Team arrive for duty...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Leanear2

clocknut
Hooked

I can't see a fault 61025 listed as being worked on I am a mod and advisor on one proboard forum and it is rather anoying  Angry
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Leanear2, @clocknut, you won't see a fault as it's an internally raised problem which is only visible to us employees.  
The problem will be fixed later today.
Edit: I've just approved the change control for the fix so should be sorted within the next hour or two Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team