cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with XP

Teds31
Grafter

problems with XP

Hi, can anyone help please,my g/sons computer has got problems,it runs XP and there was dozons of viruses on it when I first started trying to help.It was freezing after about 3 mouse clicks,I got it to run Adware and got rid of some viruses,now I can get into most programes,it wont run AVG,and I cant get it to restore.When I first start it I get a 3 boxes Tittled RUNDLL,they say "Error loading C:\Windows\system32\vineewe.dll" the next box says "Error loading C:\windows\ system32\romezeju.dll" the 3rd box says "C:\windows\system32\pepilose.dll" I dont have it connected to the internet at the moment ,I have managed to copy some important files to a memory stick,but what next,do I need to reload XP,I have the original XP disc.Hope someone can help.
7 REPLIES 7
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: problems with XP

If in doubt a full reinstall is always a good idea.  Wink
Make sure that any files you copy off first are thoroughly virus-checked by a known-safe system.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

a good program to run is Malwarebytes  http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Denzil
Grafter

If it is in that much of a mess I would reformat the drive and reinstall XP.
barky
Grafter

how about running an anti virus scan from a usb pendrive?
clamwin portable from portableapps.com
have never had to reinstall XP more than the once - factory settings were rubbish - used recovery cd in mid 2004 & has run OK since then
a cleanup of the registry might help -- get rid of some old settings allowing AVG to work?
Teds31
Grafter

Thank you all,the problem is these kids know all about computers except how to look after them,a full reinstall will take forever but if thats it then it will have to be done.I'm a bit hazy about internet settings is there a way of copying then and reinstalling,to save a bit of hassle.
barky
Grafter

did the computer come with rescue CD's ?Huh
If so probably just save the contents of my documents for each user, bookmarks & emails/ email settings to cd or dvd - making sure the WEP code & password  for internet connection noted - then run the rescue disks -- doesn't take long
then all you need is to install XP Service Packs which you can download from the microsoft website or if lucky have on cd's already to get back to smooth running XP
Teds31
Grafter

Thanks Barky,fingers crossed. Cheesy