cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with putting office and home on laptop

Darren4

problem with putting office and home on laptop

ive just recently bought anew laptop ,put internet security on it ,and loaded in Microsoft office its accepted my code but wont work,i phoned them up they said a problem with ip address public one (its a aspro+botnet  ipv4) blocking it ,they said I would have to pay to get it sorted ,has anyone any ideas ,ive not got a clue not very tech . but my internet on everything else working fine .many thanks darren

6 REPLIES 6
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: problem with putting office and home on laptop

Download and install  Open Office.... or Libre Office....  Full suite of progs on there, that should cover what you want... Wink

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Where did you download Office from? If you've got an issue like this on a new computer the first thing I would suspect is the download of Office you have!

Start by doing a factory reset on your laptop then get the updates installed. Microsoft's own Internet Security that's built in to Windows should provide enough security assuming you are sensible.

Once you have the Laptop restored get your Office download from here.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

I seem to recall the new version of Office 365 phones home about every 30 days but you mention aspro+botnet.

Have a read.

You can only try. Is this a 2nd hand computer new to you or brand spanking new? If new I'd take it back to where it came from. You shouldn't have malware on a new box.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@shutter wrote:

Download and install  Libre Office....  Full suite of progs on there, that should cover what you want... Wink

I have used Libre office on window 10 since I got new computer last year because MS want money every year

for licence for MS Office for Win10-  a few wrinkles but basically can read any old MS documents I have and can also save

stuff as MS office formats.  Can export stuff to PDF as well.  Its got equivalent of Excel, PP, word and a database.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from chat to tech help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I’d go with @Mook advice, sounds like you have some kind of invention.
If it’s new and you have a back up of any documents reset the laptop from scratch.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'