cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet assist

webhelp

plusnet assist

I downloaded plusnet assist  (which I used on my previous pc ) onto my recently acquired pc.I use windows7 Because I was using google chrome I tried to access plusnet assist and got a message that it was incompatible with this as my default programme. I then ininstalled google chrome and set up internet explorer 11 as my default browser but am still getting the same message. This means I cannot use plusnet assist.On my earlier pc on XP and google chrome I got it ok. Can you help please
17 REPLIES 17
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: plusnet assist

What problem are you trying to solve using Plusnet Assist?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
webhelp

connection problem my connection is slower than it used to be but I cannot use any of the facilities of plusnet assist why is it incompatible to my current default browser internet explorer
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Plusnet assist won't help with that
If you can post the information requested here we may be able to help http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
spickering
Grafter

Hi Webhelp,
Plusnet Assist currently only has compatibility up too Internet Explorer 9 at this point, I seem to recall an update is being worked on but no ETA on this at present.
I would suggest raising a support ticket so that we can take a look at the speed issue though, you can do so at the link below;
http://www.plus.net/wizard/
Stuart
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So when is the website going to give that information http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/assist/
spickering
Grafter

Thanks Jim,
Ill bring that up when I am back in the office on Monday.
Stuart
eblakeborough
Grafter

I believe Ollyk found a nice way of making it work on windows 7 a while back. I have tested it on a few customers machines and it has worked fine. You need to have windows 7 though it won't work in windows 8 at the moment.
enter
https://pbttbcpn.bt.motive.com/portal/start.do
into the compatibility view settings page (accessed by going to tools > compatibility view settings in i.e 10 or 11) and add it to the list. Restart IE then PN assist should work.
spickering
Grafter

Just to let you know, PID 79270 has been raised with the web team regarding advertised browser compatibility.
RickK
Grafter

I am sure it also works with IE11 as I got it installed at home on my 8.1, or I used Firefox?!
I will see if I can test when I get home
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

If you install Plusnet Assist on Internet Explorer that is newer than version 9, they've changed the way Compatibility Mode works.
You can see how this works here: http://www.windows8core.com/how-to-view-and-configure-compatibility-settings-in-internet-explorer-11...
When you install Plusnet Assist it might show you an error that it's not compatible, grab the URL at the top of your page, and pop it into the Compatibility Settings, restart your browser and that should solve the issue.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Isn't the point of Assist that it takes away from the user the need to configure things like going in to IE settings?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, it's a workaround until the necessary work has been done so that the above won't need to be done.
Posting what I have above, I am sure, will help others who might be having similar issues in the meantime.
TORPC
Grafter

Hi Chris
When are consumers likely to see this fixed,
As it would alleviate (the assist is not working in my browser queries)
Thus support can concentrate more where it is needed
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll come back to you with an answer to that.
I've had to e-mail the relevant chaps who deal with Plusnet Assist.