cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet assist needs someone to assist it to actually work......

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

plusnet assist needs someone to assist it to actually work......

Roll_eyes
Yeah, so I thought,.... OK... I`ll download that newfangled plusnet assist, to stop getting nagged about it....
had it a few days now, and a couple of days ago, I get a popup message saying there is a "CRITICAL UPDATED FOR WINDOWS ".... click here or whatever...
so , like a looney... cllicked on it,.... up comes this screen saying when you click on [ Next ]  you will see something like this....
oh no I won`t.... been waiting for a couple of days now... ... .... ... .... ... ... .... >
so tried again today, to get this "oh so critical update"... and clicked on  [ Next ]  but still nowt happens....
`appen it needs some assistance....  Roll_eyes
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: plusnet assist needs someone to assist it to actually work......

Elsewhere (link) uninstalling and reinstalling was suggested as a way round this problem. You can check you have the new version by following the instruction in Reply #15.
David
shutter
Community Veteran

Ha Hah!... I think  I have found out what the problem is..... I`m using Firefox... and it says it is for Internet Explorer on the top of the screen !    Roll_eyes
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you tried using Internet Explorer to do the update? Plusnet Assist uses functionality built into Internet Explorer but applicable options should work with other browsers.
David
shutter
Community Veteran

Nope.... don`t use IE any more.... ...
I suppose I could do the update....... just to stop the nag screen popping up  Roll_eyes
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The update is done through IE...
However since Plusnet Assist only works through IE - and you don't have it any more - I can't see any option but a complete uninstall.
EDIT - spelling