cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet assist browser

yorkshire7
Dabbler

plusnet assist browser

I am new to plusnet and downloaded the plusnet assist but it will not work because of the browser.  It says use explorer 6 or above but in the small print it says it will not work with 10 or above.  I am using version 11 which was already set up on the computer when I got it.  I have tried switching to Firefox and still get the same message.  Disappointed that a broadband company are not up to date!  any suggestions to get it working?
6 REPLIES 6
AndyH
Grafter

Re: plusnet assist browser

Hi
Are you having issues with anything in particular? Probably easier to ask here and people will hopefully sort things out for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Most of the experienced users around here wouldn't touch Plusnet Assist with a barge pole. In any case there is absolutely nothing it does that can't be done directly given the correct guidance to the user.
Tell us what problem you are trying to solve and we'll point you in the right direction.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
yorkshire7
Dabbler

My problem is that plusnet assist just says the browser is wrong and will not work.  I am using explorer 11 which I understand is incompatible.  I have tried firefox and google chrome but still get the same, - plusnet has detected your browser is incompatible.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

that's right it doesn't work with the latest browsers and not chrome or firefox Roll_eyes
why are you bothering Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: plusnet7
My problem is that plusnet assist just says the browser is wrong and will not work. 

I think you have misunderstood the question! Ignore Plusnet Assist for the moment - is there an underlying problem with your computer that you are trying to fix. If there isn't then you don't need it; if there is, there are other (probably better) ways - post the problem here, for example!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This isn't the first time this comment has been made on here:
Quote from: plusnet7
My problem is that plusnet assist just says the browser is wrong and will not work.

That's lucky - if it worked you might be tempted to use it!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)