Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf Editing

FIXED
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

pdf Editing

I'm trying to add text to an important pre-printed 10 page .pdf document, things such as name, address etc. with some extra details to typed into boxed areas in the form.

I have downloaded a couple of .pdf editors that allege to be able to do this, but they have not been up to much; in both cases the text has been restricted to five letters or numbers across before moving down a line across the next form printed box.

Both apps have been free trials for seven days free use.

One of the apps included an MS Word converter, which didn't allow editing at all.

Can anyone suggest a programme for this please. Preferably free, its the kind of app I may use once in 10 years.

I already have the excellent PDF-XChange Viewer, I note there is a paid for editor version, does anyone have any experience of this?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES 3
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: pdf Editing

PDF-XChange Editor can be used for free to do what you want, you do not need to buy a license.

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Fix

This is excellent ejs, far better than anything else I have tried. The free option doesn't show until after the "download" button is selected.

There are certain options that are not available unless the paid version is purchased, but text adding is not one of them, so as it is it is doing everything I need.

Thank you.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Bit hard on poor @ejs that he is not given credit for the fix?