Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci wireless card recommendation please

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

pci wireless card recommendation please

Hi
I had a Mr Bean moment yesterday. I got home to find that my desktop wasn't connecting and the OS froze for 1 second in every 10 seconds. Eventually I guessed it must be a hardware problem so I opened the case and reseated  the HDD cables. This cured the freezing problem  ( though it may not be the last I will hear of it ) .
The really dumb thing was that I snapped off my pci wireless cards antenna while moving the case around.
XP SP3
Router is Belkin  F5D7633-4 (802.11g & 802.11b) with WPA-PSK
Connection to the router is hit and miss so I'd rather pay a premium for a card that has above average range.
Any personal recommendations. (I'm currently using a Belkin USB dongle that disconnects whenever any other usb device is disconnected - annoying but OK for a week or 2)
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: pci wireless card recommendation please

I have a spare Belkin pci wireless card you could have for the cost of a couple of pints and postage if  you want it.
I was going to put it on ebay but never got around to it  Angry

EDIT:- it is NEW in the box, I never got around to using it.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Personally I really like the EdiMax ones, they have a small desktop aerial on a 60cm or so pigtail lead so you can position it for best reception.
EW-7128G I think. Not the absolute cheapest but work very well indeed with XP, Vista or 7. x86 or x64 both fine.
(I really do  NOT like those with the antenna directly on the backplate)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

+ 1