cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook security warning

morgan2476
Grafter

outlook security warning

Hi when I start microsoft outlook i get the following warning - "Security warning" with the following options - disable macros, - enable macros, - more info.  How do I sort this out.  Also i am thinking of installing Open Office instead of microsoft.  Is there another program that could replace outlook, ie with Calendar etc and that could be syncronised with nokia manager?  Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
MickKi
Grafter

Re: outlook security warning

I can't help with the outlook message I'm afraid, but if you want to move to a different email client you could use Thunderbird.  This thread mentions a couple of plugins that are supposed to work for sync'ing TB with Nokia.
Hope this helps.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Which version of outlook are you using?
Not applicable

I think the error sounds like a 2007 one, although I could be mistaken and it could be a 2003 one.
I need to dig out my test details, as I recall something in my archives relating to this type of warning on one of the versions. I recall a similar message also appearing on Excel workbooks, whether they contained macros or not.
[me=James_H]makes a note to trawl his test archives tomorrow.[/me]
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The Excel issue is to do with a file in your xlstartup folder opening when you fire up excel. I don't believe outlook has a similar feature. I would lean toward an add-in causing the OP's problem. The reason for the question re the version was that they are in completely different places in the menu structure.
Not applicable

What would be in the xlstarup folder in a clean install of either version that would cause the warning?
Possibly macros in the personal workbook for loading add-ins? That'd explain the Excel issue I was thinking of, making my post utterly useless in resolving this issue...
Apologies.
morgan2476
Grafter

Hi it is outlok 2003