cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook express email settings

exunpl
Dabbler

outlook express email settings

I have had great difficulty setting up an old but important email address in OE and failed.
Can anyone direct me to a blow by blow instruction in detail to set up a tiscali.co.uk address using Plusnet.broadband.
With thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: outlook express email settings

If you go to the account you have set up and select properties then put the following in the blanked out boxes in the server section with your Tiscali email password it should work
Account name username@tiscali.co.uk
Incoming email (POP3) pop.tiscali.co.uk
exunpl
Dabbler

Many thanks for reply.
Have followed instructions but what should be in Outgoing mail, still not working, before being taken over by Plusnet I was with metronet and so entered smtp.metronet.co.uk
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you are now with Plusnet it should be as shown in the picture - relay.plus.net
This may help http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlook_express.shtml
exunpl
Dabbler

Again thanks, outgoing mail settings now corrected but I see msg coming up with -ERR(Sys/Temp error 0x800CCC90 & Server error 0x800CCC92 followed by MAILBOX LOCKED BY OTHER SERVER perhaps I have to change or changed, something with Tiscali. I must retire now but wll be grateful for any other idea's you may have.
exunpl
Dabbler

Not gone yet!!! have looked at link which will help greatly, will see tomorrow what happens and will let you know.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It is possible Tiscali have blocked your account since you have left them.
Can you access it using Tiscali Webmail
barky
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
It is possible Tiscali have blocked your account since you have left them.
Can you access it using Tiscali Webmail
you get 6 or 7 months use of the old email account from when you terminate an ISP & switch to another -- don't you - then they block you off
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

One month when I migrated from Claranet - I assume it was because that was the notice period.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
exunpl
Dabbler

Thanks Oldjim & everyone else, I will try various suggestions today. I am able to get the problem email address msg's with Poppeeper OK and another tiscali address is OK , I have been with tiscali since the old dailup days and which I can still use.
Looking at Plusnet email advice I see they say the default email address in OE must be the login details for Plusnet? I will experiment with that!
Sorry but I may be back!!