cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook 2007!

Fr33K

outlook 2007!

this is my first post in these forums and i hope this is the right section to start this thread.
i hope you can help me out people.
when i setup outlook 2007, i followed the plusnet guide for account setup but i am unable to send emails.  i can recieve email without any problems but not being able to send email is becoming a pain.
everytime i try to send email it asks for my password and won't save it in the password list, then i get a error message
Task 'xxxx.xxxx@xxxxx.plus.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.'
i have checked the box for 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'.
after checking several times that my details are correct i can't find a problem.  i'm just wondering if the port settings are correct for sending.
if you need any other info to help me then please just ask.
thank you
Fr33K
2 REPLIES 2
mossgrove
Grafter

Re: outlook 2007!

I have been running Outlook 2007 for a couple of years now and use the following settings:
Under More Settings > Outgoing server make sure the "My ougoing server requires authentication" is NOT checked.
On Internet email settings outgoing server is relay.plus.net  Username is the xxxxx before the .plus.com  and the password is ?????.  Check remember password  and do not check the SPA box.
As I say, that works for me.  Good luck!
Njal
Grafter

Re: outlook 2007!

There's a Plusnet guide specifically for Outlook at:
http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlook_2007.shtml
which gives step-by-step  instructions. Is this the "guide for account setup" you refer to above? If not it might be worth a l;ook.
egards,
Neil