cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbook with WiFi and phone Dongle

pierre_pierre
Grafter

netbook with WiFi and phone Dongle

I have a netbook running XP SP3 and using Firefox and Thunderbird. a 3 Mobile Dongle when away from home but Wifi at home.
Two users SWMBO and me.
No trouble on SWMBO set up, but on mine (Only one install into her admin set up) the 3 Dongle insist on trying to dial up even thou the dongle is not plugged into the netbook, while doing so it stops the WiFi.
I have been all through the set ups I can find, but no sign of an auto dial button - any clues?
6 REPLIES 6
samuria
Grafter

Re: netbook with WiFi and phone Dongle

In Internet Explorer tools/internet options /connections change the setting to either never dial or never dial when network connection is presant
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

This http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316530 might help explain it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I have a netbook running XP SP3

Has someone mutilated their EEEpc ?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Yes , shame on you Pierre, retreating indoors behind those Windows!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

fear not friends, I still have the trusted Eeepc with Linux, but got the Wife a Medium with XP, its hard for us pensioner with no expences you know, But I am not as bad as Jim, that is the second time recently talking about IE explorer when I am using Firefox, I think the problem might be to do with adim restriction, the catalog on SWMBO was read only, that lessened the problem, but not completely., Just tried what Jim said, although I dont use IE, will have to try and grab it tomorrow when we go out the the Local NHS Depot
pierre_pierre
Grafter

seems ok at the moment, just done a test

is that fast enough for a mobile dongle Crazy