cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my old broadband has not stopped?

peterWX7

my old broadband has not stopped?

Hi, my fibre broadband  was installed 11-06-2015 and my phone line will apparently be switched to plusnet on the 25-06-2015 (don't know why the delay?).
Anyway, I tried to order the BT premium email so my email won't stop, but BT said I can't because I get it free as I am a BT broadband customer?
Have plusnet not stopped my BT broadband? ,, Am I now paying twice for Broadband?
adie:green removed user name as it's a public site]
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: my old broadband has not stopped?

Hi Peter,
Welcome aboard Smiley
At the moment, we provision the broadband first, then the phone after. This is theoretically changing soon as OFCOM introduce new rulings.
As your line rental is still with BT for a little bit longer, that may be why they're still allowing it for free. Let me assure you that we are now in ownership of your broadband service, and you are definitely no longer with BT.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
peterWX7

Re: my old broadband has not stopped?

So my BT broadband has definitely been cancelled? sorry but as it will be me that has to pay I would like to be sure. If Plusnet have just turned on my fibre and not cancelled my BT internet BT will still want paying, I am sure Plusnet won't be paying... And this situation could continue until BT has been cancelled surely?
szaxe