Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mute button

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: mute button

I would have thought it was just a generic Keyboard and wouldn't need a separate driver as the windows driver is ok ?? 
have you checked you have no exclamation marks in Device manager , its possible its a USB driver is corrupt , if i all ok try reinstall USB drivers  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: nanotm
if it has drivers for w7 or w8/8.1 download them and use the driver update >manual functions and install the older drivers for it, the problem with oem kit is often they only provide the drivers in the version of the OS they supply and newer versions delete that sort of thing /

Oh deary  me....... not quite true......  Huh
My old dell laptop had a perfectly good and usable "touchpad" mainly because I did not use it for eight years... always used el-cheapo generic mouse... (s)... and Windows 10 accepted the generic mouse...but would not.... repeat not... allow the use of the Dell driver to disable the touchpad on plugging the mouse into the usb port..... why...
Because windows 10 blocked the dell driver... ...... why would it do that ? 
well, it`s simple really.... WIndows 10 decided that the Dell Driver, in use for XP, VIsta, AND windows 7 pro.... was DANGEROUS to windows 10... Shocked Shocked
Doing a "rollback" to previous drivers did not solve the problem either....  Cry
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

because its an old bit of kit that had an old driver that wasn't vetted to work with w10, your should of sent the driver as a report to M$ for them to check and verify and add to the list of good things or provide you with an alternative, that the old driver from xp worked with w7 doesn't make it a windows 7 driver though it is still an xp driver....
then again M$ has also said a lot of older kit wouldn't be compatible or work under windows 10 which you could of read on the upgrade assistant before actually installing w10 and saved yourself the trouble (w8/8.1 did the same thing with some hardware it detected in the past on my laptop as well) still some people rather slag off new things rather than spend a bit of time and get to know them and evolve with the times /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
shutter
Community Veteran

Not slagging off the new things..... just pointing out that what you say is not always true...
you may think you know the answer to every problem on the forum, but it just is not the case... and I was pointing out that fact...  (not for the first time)....
WIndows 10 will be ok for those kids it advertises it to on the telly... those kids "that will grow up with windows 10"... I am not one of "those kids"... when I am told that a new "upgrade" will make things easier, faster, more reliable, by Microsoft, I expect it to be just that....
not a dumbed down version of something that 18month old kids will grow up with.... 
an "upgrade" is supposed to just work better... I tried it... and it doesn`t.... .....
Windows 10 does not do that for me, so I have reverted back to Windows 7.... because it works... and really...it doesn`t need to be upgraded...
As a point of interest.... I did, indeed, contact Microsoft.... that is how I now know that the driver is "dangerous".... their word.... not mine..!>.. oh come on... really  ? 
You said,...

then again M$ has also said a lot of older kit wouldn't be compatible or work under windows 10

If that were true... then why would that same company say that my Dell Inspiron of 8 years vintage... which was running windows 7, was compatible with windows 10.....
Either you , or microsoft are telling porky pies.... methinks...
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

In the days of Windows 3.1 I never had "problems" with keyboards or mice.  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

They had those wierd round plugs with little pins then. USB - who needs that  Wink
shutter
Community Veteran

And when you "upgraded" to the next "new" system.... everything still worked.....    windows 10...eat your heart out  Grin Grin
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Not quite Right Shutter , a lot of OS upgrades caused driver problems ,, same as win10 .
So prior to win 10 upgrade not everything upgraded smoothly From win xp to  win 7 was a nightmare for some , but at least thid time MS did say on older hardware there will be problems  Wink 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .