cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft office enterprise 2007

davidstreatfiel

microsoft office enterprise 2007

On my daughters computer microsoft office enterprise 2007 has now failed to start. (It worked previously ).
When you try to start it you get " The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
When I locate the word exe file in the office directory it fails to run because there is not enough disc space or memory. ( The hard disc is only half full and no other applications were running)
The office program can't be uninstalled ( i get a failure message) and can't be reinstalled from the disc again I get a failure message (no other information)
Any ideas
Thanks Dave
7 REPLIES 7
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: microsoft office enterprise 2007

Are you sure the problem is confined to Microsoft Office?  Try running a selection of the other programs on the computer.
win7xp
Grafter

Download a little utility called Revo Uninstaller and see if it will let you uninstall Office.
After the Office uninstaller fails just follow the revo prompts and it should remove the program
johpal
Grafter

My daughers computer has been connected to her university computer system .

Maybe best to run a thorough virus check/anti-malware program with that history.  Sad
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Office has probably been configured to do something via the university network first and now it is unavailable you are getting the error message - and no I have no idea how to fix it  Embarrassed
mossgrove
Grafter

I have seen something like this where Office has all its components set to "Install on demand" and the installer ffile location is set to a network share.  If that share is unavailable then you have a problem (to say the least).  I presume that you have a full install set for Office 2007 including the license Key and that it wasn't originally installed as part of the University enterprise license.......  There is a solution but it is not for the feint hearted:
1.    Back up everything in sight - preferably a complete disk image.
2.    Make sure you have a good registry cleaner installed (CCCleaner or similar), and you have the install disks for Office and the Install key
3.    Go to C:/Program Files
4.    Take a deep breath and check point 1.
5.    Delete the Microsoft Office Folder in its entirity.
6.    This will leave a lot of Orphan registry entries, so run your registry cleaner.
7.    Restart your computer.
8.    All being well, you should now be able to reinstall Office from scratch from CD/DVD .
9.    You will need to reconfigure Word to pick up any templates you may have been using under the old version.
Good luck.
Lurker
Grafter

The relatively simple answer is that by inserting the disc and running the installer, it will fully repair the installation and replace the msi source as being from the disc.
Any future need for the msi to access files to repair the installation would result in a request for the disc, rather than the network source.
It does sound like its a deployed app rather than a genuine standalone installation.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Or even simpler, just load Open Office. Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."