cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcafee

baccini
Grafter

mcafee

Hi ive installed plusnet mcafee on my w7 desktop, when I change user accounts its not available there is a shortcut on the desktop which does nothing some help would be appreciated thanks
5 REPLIES 5
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: mcafee

Hi
Not sure about this, but I would think you need to uninstall & reinstall with full Admin rights. If you right click on the .exe install program you select 'Properties' & select the 'Compatibility' tab and tick 'Change settings for all users'. Maybe also visit the 'Security' tab
and see if Privileges are correct.
baccini
Grafter

Thanks for your reply never encountered this problem before im going to do a bit more research before I do anything if it becomes to much of a problem its out with mcafee and in with avast or m.s.e cheers
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Yep, I soon ditched the McAfee in favour of Avast.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
shalom2010
Grafter

You're welcome w23. I'm trying out Norton 360. Seems so far very good (on a 30 day free trail + currently half price at £30 for a year).
baccini
Grafter

hi again I was advised by plusnet to reinstall and look for an option to select for all users which there wasn't so it back to square one.