cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing wireless connections

sheepshagger
Dabbler

losing wireless connections

I'm currently experiencing dropping wireless connections. I have 2 pc's, one a laptop, t'other a desktop. They are both connected to my router via a repeater. In the last hour or so they've both lost connection. they both see the repeater and they sometimes connect but drop after a few seconds then connect again and so on.My pc, which is wired to the router is ok. I can't connect to the repeater via browser but the repeater is flashing saying the wireless is ok. I presume the encryption on the repeater is still ok as they can still connect to the net albeit short. It is currently 94% humidity here, could that have an effect?
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: losing wireless connections

Depends how many other wireless users you have near you, ther are only 12\channels, if someone is also using your channel, that could be one answer.
samuria
Grafter

Get netstumbler free from http://www.netstumbler.com/ this will show all wireless near you and will also show you noise which could be the other problem
sheepshagger
Dabbler

It's working again now. As the evening wore on I was able to go to the repeater settings page but slow load. It slowly improved until it is back to normal.The room the repeater is in is now a lot cooler. Thanks for the link , if it happens again I'll try it.