cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laptop batteries

amcclean
Rising Star

laptop batteries

Can anyone recommend a good UK based place to buy a replacement laptop battery.
I have tried a few but they all appear to outside the uk posing as UK based.
Cheers,
podman
6 REPLIES 6
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: laptop batteries

I've just found this  supplier today and ordered a battery for my Travelmate 7514WSMi.  http://www.laptopsandspares.com/batpsq2673b-5l-batpsq2673b-5l-laptop-battery ;     Offer an 0800 Tel. No. and seemed on the ball when I queried a few things on their replacement offering.  If it's not urgent give it a few days for the unit to arrive and I will update my first opinion.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

amcclean
Rising Star

cheers Maurice.
that would be appreciated. As I say the companies I found were hard to tell where they are based.
It's hard to see on some sites if the reviews are for the company or the product.
I've not had a battery in the laptop for two years so a few days or more will be alright. I'll just have to try hard to not spend my Christmas money on anything else in between.
regards,
podman
Mav
Fixes: 514

I used batteries-mall last year for replacement Sony Viao battery. UK-based and a good service.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MauriceC
Resting Legend

UPDATE
Ordered 17:04 Mon 29th Dec
Delivered  11:00 Approx.  Wed 31st Dec.
Sadly the incorrect part despite good efforts on both sides to get it right.  (Casing is identical but different Voltage).  Nevertheless a speedy and amicable resolution:  They will deliver the replacement on Monday and the Courier will pick up the returned unit.
Given the constraints of this time of year  it should still result in just a 1 week turn around.  Remarkable.. Smiley
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Just to complete the saga.
The replacement battery arrived on Tuesday 6th Jan - fitted and 'charging' by 11:00.  A little later in the day the incorrect unit was picked up by the carrier.
Splendid service over the New Year break.  Grin
M

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Yup !... its nice when it all works properly..... enjoy !  Wink