cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iso

superloon
Grafter

iso

hi i have down loaded this and its 7.35 g iso i can mount it with deamon tools and play it on windows media is there any way i can extrtact it or make it smaller so i can convert it and put it on dvd thx
6 REPLIES 6
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: iso

Use ISOBuster or similar to extract the contents of the image, and then find conversion software to convert to the appropriate format.
P.S. Hope this is a legal download!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

DVD Shrink should do exactly what you want and it's free. It will reduce the size of the iso so that it fits onto a standard DVD.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Out of interest Bob, what is the resulting quality of the output of DVDShrink? I've never used it so would be interested to know if it's worthwhile.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The only problem I've found with it is the blacks aren't really black... other than that it's superb, especially seeing as you can reauthor and just grab the film and leave out all the extraneous stuff like menus and extra removed scenes (if you wish to).
dgreen007
Grafter

I have been using DVDShrink for years and I think it is one of the best products on the market for resizing/reauthoring etc.
I thoroughly recommend it and its free ! Tongue
samuria
Grafter

I use shrink and as its free its great. What I found interesting was I used it before on my 2.8 athlon with a gig of ram and  a movie took several hours to shrink. I tried it last night on my new quad core and 30 mins later it was done just show how good the quad is at this.
In the original question it wasn't stated if it was a film it may be several pieces of software or photos which may split into 2 disks. One of the best tools for ISO is good old Winrar it does it just like any zip file