Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipod

southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

ipod

I have been given a second hand ipod and basically haven't a clue what I'm doing.  I was trying to copy some tracks from a CD onto the ipod, the tracks are copied onto itunes, but they aren't on the ipod, but apart from that, I can't switch the ipod off, it's stuck on 'now playing' and the bit on the side bar on itunes which said 'my device' and had the ipod details on has disappeared.  I would like to know, how i can switch the ipod off and get the device thing back on the side bar.  Can anyone help before i throw the thing away.  Thanks.
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): thread moved to a more appropriate board.]
4 REPLIES 4
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: ipod

Don't throw it away give it to me  Cheesy (I could do with a laugh)
OK 1st point I don't use itunes so this is generic  Tongue
When you say you copied them into itunes. I take it they show and can play there?
In itunes if you select them and choose send to my ipod (or what ever it is called) does it?
Do the tunes show under the ipod in itunes?
On the ipod does it show a DONT SWITCH OFF screen or something else?
Usually to switch them off you hold the Play button for about 5 secs.
southken
Rising Star

What I have had to do to switch it off is hold the menu and middle bit down for 10 secs and that worked.  It was just frozen on play.  Now I have got the tracks from itunes onto the ipod but I don't really know how I did it.  I clicked on sync, that could have done it and also I dragged the tracks from the playlist over to the device, so that could have done it aswell.  Anyway, there is some music on it, I will have to explore further.  Thanks.
Be3G
Grafter

Might be worth having a look at this for some basic guides on how to use iTunes and the iPod.
southken
Rising Star

Thanks, that looks like what I need.