cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipod touch

newb

ipod touch

:'(hi i have just got a ipod touch and tryed everything to get it to connet to plusnet wifi networks when i enter password get unable to join the network is password my plusnet passwork thanks
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: ipod touch

Hi Smiley
I sincerely hope the "password" isn't your wireless password!  That would be pretty risky if that were the case.
You need to use the password that you set up for your wireless connection.  If you have a Thomson Router, it should be written on the underneath of the router.
amir852
Grafter

its under your router if you got the thomson router or you get a sticker thaat is in the box. easily go and check under the router and you will see wep and wpa what ever you use that is the password for your wireless router
newb

hi thank you have tryed that number under the router its thomson and it still wont work
newb

hi allso what do you mean wireless password no good with computers jet i have a password that i use with my username to log in to my account  is that what you mean  Cry
newb

sorry under the box there is a wireless pin no is this anything  Embarrassed
amir852
Grafter

try phoneing PN maybe your having problem with your password but how do you log into your broadband are you using wireless or ethernet cable to use broadband? if you are using wireless then you could use your ipod touch to get into wireless try psp or xbox360 or ps3 or wii if you got these or iphone and see if it works. what password are you using to use the broadband wep or wpa?
amir852
Grafter

yes this is the pin if you are going to use your ipod touch to connect wirelessly there are to password one you should see is WEP and the other one is WPA use one of these and see you should bre able to connect if you cannot use the WEP key then use the WPA key then it should work fine remember under the router box there is the sticker with your router pin don't remove that or peal it off. you cannot use the password you signed up with PLUSNET to log in wirelessly.
James
Grafter

Quote from: newb
sorry under the box there is a wireless pin no is this anything  Embarrassed

Your best bet is to give our Call Centre a ring and they'll be able to talk you through the whole thing.
You need to tell your ipod touch which network to join (this is normally called an SSID) and to use the right password.
newb

Hi thank you  both for your help i tryed it this morning  with wpa  number  again  and it is now working   Grin have something else to ask how do you set up email on ipod touch thank you  Smiley