cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip blacklisted

alanhewitt

ip blacklisted

Hi, I hope I am posting this in the correct place, if not i apologise in advance.
Recently I installed a new piece of software and then wanted to access their forums http://forums.doublecad.com/. I got redirected to a wikipedie web page on spam.  I emailed their support and got the following reply:
I believe he should be able to get through now as I have unblocked all of the potentially relevant IP’s. However, please have him clear his cache, history, and cookies etc. from his browser before he attempts to log-in/register.
Please also inform him that two of the four block IP’s were block because they were hosting a bot-net that was throwing spam. He may want to have his computer checked, at them minimum he should run some anti-Trojan software
I was concerned that plusnet customers should be barred from accessing certain sites because of someone hosting a bot-net.
I have a firewall installed together with antivirus softwar and regulatly run antimalware program. None pick up any problems.
My machine has a clean install of Windows xp about 3 weeks ago also.
I asked if the company who were blocking IP's had informed Plusnet of the problem. I have had no reply on that and can still not access the forum in question.
Can anyone throw any light on how to solve?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: ip blacklisted

As a quick fix - assuming that you haven't got a fixed IP address - try disconnecting from Plusnet for 5 minutes and then reconnect.
This should give you a new IP address
You could also ask which range of IP addresses has a suspected spam bot
rahewitt
Grafter

Thanks oldjim,
I'm replying on behalf of Alan (my dad), unfortunately he has lost his broadband connection completely at the moment and is unable to reply himself.  He's raised a ticket and is going through the faults process at the moment.
Richard
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
@alanhewitt - That's a very intermittent connection showing there, if it still won't connect with just the router in the master socket with all other phone items removed from the line then raise us a fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it sorted for you.
rahewitt
Grafter

There is a ticket already open for this:
alanhewitt

First as you can see I now have my conection back.
have tried unplugging and retrying, no sucess.
I did as they sugested, ensured that my machine was clean-- ran an extra anti malway program. Cleaned the cach, cookies etc.
Have informed double cad support and asked for clarification re the banned ip's but to no avail I might just as well emil the brick wall.
Doesn't give me much confidence as to their software.
Has anyoe else from plusnet experienced the same problem?
matt_2k34
Grafter

Has anyoe else from plusnet experienced the same problem?

Nope hadnt even heard of "DoubleCad" until this thread , but have only got experience of using Autodesks AutoCAD products (and not personal experience, i just sort the software out for people who do use it..)
I would say that its only been a few days, they dont seem a big company, so a 'technical' support query such as that probably requires dealing with 1 or 2 members of staff... dont write tehm off just yet they just might be slow Smiley
Regards