cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent vista message, Your Profile not correctly loaded

amcclean
Rising Star

intermittent vista message, Your Profile not correctly loaded

I have a problem with only only of my vista pcs. The majority of the time all the profiles load correctly, however once a week or so they seam to go a bit awol and we get the message "Your Profile was not loaded correctly...."
After a re-boot or a log of and log back in it all works. The solutions online discuss accounts where this happens all the time and suggest deletion of the affected accounts. At times all the accounts can be affected at others only one. I have chosen so far to do nothing and they have returned to working normally.
Question, why should this only be intermittent and if it is intermittent and the accounts work the rest of the time do i really need to delete and re instate them.
Podman
4 REPLIES 4
David_W
Rising Star

Re: intermittent vista message, Your Profile not correctly loaded

Does the following link help?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947242
That's the only probably one I can find from MS about the issue.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: podman
Question, why should this only be intermittent and if it is intermittent and the accounts work the rest of the time do i really need to delete and re instate them.

My guess is you have a problem with your hard drive or your hard drive controller.  Sometimes a file is not read correctly, other times it is.
If the file that gives the problem is on a "worn" and therefore difficult to read area of the disk, deleting and re-instating the account might move the equivalent file to a different area of the disk.  Otherwise I can see no point.  You might want to backup your documents, however. 
amcclean
Rising Star

H.d is relatively new 2 years or so and not thrashed.
Sometimes it happens sometimes it works. On first load it never happens, mainly only when switching user and logging off but not on first login.
Cheers for the link I had found some from ms but not that one.
Podman
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: podman
H.d is relatively new 2 years or so and not thrashed......

They can go at any time, you know.