cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

id20312009 is being added to the end of main URLs listed in Google

Pancho
Grafter

id20312009 is being added to the end of main URLs listed in Google

Have just setup a computer, which is not mine, using a XP installation CD with SP1, 2 & 3 slipstreamed into it saving the time of installing them individually. This may have nothing to do with the problem but I mention it as it occured very quickly - within a day or so. Using Google as a search engine (not tried others) gives the usual links and clicking on one takes you to a site that has nothing to do with the link clicked on and was not the address shown in the URL. (You end up somewhere else) Clicking on a sub-URL is OK. The address is repeated on the bottom bar but with the addition of /id20312009; this is the case for all main URLs shown in Google. Something is adding this id20312009 to the end of the URL but I have no idea what it might be. Spyware Scan and Virus Scan reveals nothing and a registry clean up makes no difference. I would greatly appreciate assistance from somebody who might know what the problem is being caused by. I also have no idea where it came from as Zone Alarm and AVG 8 are fully up to date and were installed straight away after the installation of the operating system.
I have now installed Firefox 3, which does not suffer from the problem so it appears to be associated with IE7. I have also searched the contents of all the files on C: (the only drive) for 20312009 but nothing significant was found also the registry - nothing there either.
Solution for the moment is use Firefox but not the answer to the problem as I still don't know what the cause is.
2 REPLIES 2
samuria
Grafter

Re: id20312009 is being added to the end of main URLs listed in Google

The symptoms are of a virus/malware called gogoogle or a variant of it. When you load a page from a search do you sometimes get a number in the top left of the browser  before the page loads? If you search your hard drive is there a file TDSSserv.sys. Or in device manager if you click at the top show hidden is it in there? When you hover over a link in google does the bar at the bottom say go google or
    * clearask.com
    * web-analytics.google.com
    * brittaniasearch.com
    * go.google.com

This is one of the most nasty things going as it installs as a hardware device and it wont let you run AV or spyware or get updates for them. They will either run and crash or refuse to run or say it cant get an update. I had it and due to time constraints just restored from backup. I have full update AV and winpatrol and none of them even picked it up
Antimalware should get rid of it
http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe
The problem is it stops it running if it is gogoogle download and rename the mbam-setup.exe  silly.exe and then run it as it looks for the file name to stop it running once installed if it doesnt work rename the actual scanner file and try again

More details from
http://www.troublefixers.com/remove-virus-which-redirects-to-gogooglecom-gogooglecom-redirect-virus-...
Pancho
Grafter

Re: id20312009 is being added to the end of main URLs listed in Google

Thank you for the interest and help. I will research the links you give. Problem as described with just the /idxxx number attached to the end of the URL, which is always the same number - nothing else. Does not apply to sub links shown in Google; eg eBay, which work fine. The URL is seen on the bottom bar, which shows what the link hovered over really is. Viewing this bar is not standard issue wtih IE7 as you have to switch it on. Firefox does not have the problem so the person is now using that for browsing but, as you might guess, I would like to fix it for my own satisfaction.