cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPod

furry

iPod

does anyone know how to set up my iPod Touch to connect through my wi-fi network (through my PC USB connection), it recoginses the Wi-Fi network, but, whatever password, etc, I put it, in won't connect...  are there further administrator settings I need to enter in to the iPod, any ideas ????
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: iPod

I have and Archos, similar I would assume, I take it you are using the wep or wap  values ( thats if I hope your wifi is secure) and not your PN passwords?
Walking down my street at night I can pick up about 20 networks, If I happen to find an insecure network it is possible to log straight in - not that i do I try and find which house and warn them of the error of their ways if I know then.
A different matter down town, three pubs have deliberately got open networks.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: iPod

I have an iPod Touch connected to my wireless network.
What security features have you got set up on your router? If your router is limiting access to certain MAC addresses then you will need to add your iPod Touch MAC address to your router. This can be found on your iPod under Settings > General > About > Wi-Fi Address.
The password that you need to enter is that of your network - assuming you are using WEP or WPA security. From memory I had to go into an 'Advanced' panel on the iPod to input my network password. Since then it has connected automatically every time.