Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer stalls - various error msgs, various programmes, several times a day

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

iPlayer stalls - various error msgs, various programmes, several times a day

Hello helpful forum people!  Smiley
Continuing from my broadband fault thread, which seems to be resolved, but dove-tailed into this iPlayer problem...
I'm seeing iPlayer stalling several times a day, on various "listen again" radio programmes (though mainly the Chris Moyles Show).  I get a variety of behaviours, including: pausing then resuming by itself, playing double slightly out-of-sync, stopping altogether (and needing a page reload to get going again) - all with various different error messages or just the spinning indicator.
I'm running the latest version of Firefox (6.0), Flash Player (10,3,183,5), Mac OS X 10.7.1 Lion, though the problem started before I updated and when I was using Safari.
When the problem is occurring, I can browse to other websites with no problem.  I'm not running loads of other programs.  My average throughput is 4700kbps.  I live alone, and only have one computer on.
Any ideas or suggestions for how to help please?
I've read through http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/ and reported this problem there.
Below is my most recent log of the problem.  I'm not aware of anything happening around the times when the problem occurred.
BTW, the message in "speech marks" is what iPlayer displays, and the full error message I obtained by right clicking on it and clicking "Copy this error message" then pasting the result.
Thanks.

17/8/11 12:46
"Internet connection lost… waiting for reconnect"
Title: NetworkMonitor:NetworkError.NETWORK_DOWN_ERROR
Description: Internet connection lost… waiting for reconnect…
Code: 1
But the programme continued.
Then the error message went away, leaving the programme continuing but with the spinning indicator.
Then
"This content doesn't seem to be working.  Try again later"
Title: GenericKind:FMSConnectionError.FMS_CONNECTION_API
Description: CDN Failover, final connection failed
Code: 3
And the programme continued for a couple of minutes before stopping.
A few minutes later, reloading the page, the programmes resumed as normal.
17/8/11 12:36
iPlayer stalled with spinning indicator, then resumed
17/8/11 12:33
iPlayer stalled with spinning indicator, then resumed
16/8/11 12:44
iPlayer played double slightly out of sync, then stopped with spinning indicator.  Resumed when I pressed play 5 mins later.
16/8/11 12:21
iPlayer played double slightly out of sync very briefly, then continued but with spinning indicator
16/8/11 12:17
iPlayer played double slightly out of sync, then resumed at the start of when the double-play began
13/8/11 14:00
iPlayer played double slightly out of sync, then stopped with an error "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later."
Title: GenericKind:FMSConnectionError.FMS_CONNECTION_API
Description: CDN Failover, final connection failed
Code: 1
13/8/11 8:33
iPlayer stalled briefly three times in quick succession and resumed
12/8/11
Flash Player updated.
11/8/11 23:48
http://www.google.co.uk/reader/ was "Loading" for 30 seconds when normally it takes 3.

10/8/11 18:50 - installed Firefox
10/8/11 11:00
Clicked "Play" on iPlayer radio programme, got spinning indicator. Reloaded page and it worked fine.
9/8/11 18:39
http://tvlistings.guardian.co.uk/mychannels/default.aspx failed to load briefly - needed reloading
9/8/11 10:57
iPlayer played double slightly out of sync, then resumed with the spinning indicator and then resumed
9/8/11 10:35
iPlayer stalled briefly with the spinning indicator and resumed
9/8/11 10:07
iPlayer stalled briefly twice in quick succession with the spinning indicator and resumed

1 REPLY 1
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: iPlayer stalls - varous error msgs, various programmes, several times a day

Have you tried the Google Chrome browser? 
www.google.co.uk/chrome