cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhoto to Webmail !

jcd

iPhoto to Webmail !

Hi guys - need some help here. Trying to get digital pics sized in iPhoto (08) to about 150 kb/screensize and then attached to an outgoing webmail/squirrelmail at same size. Can anyone out there help ?
4 REPLIES 4
Denzil
Grafter

Re: iPhoto to Webmail !

Does this help?
<a href="http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=294">How to Resize Photos in iPhoto 08</a>
Welcome to the forums, by the way!
jcd

Many thanks Denzil. Have worked thru' all 9 steps (using 640 pix as suggested) but cannot find a resized pic in iphoto, only original that I had downloaded from camera (160x120/49 kb) ! Any ideas ?
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

In step eight (on the web page Denzil supplied the link for), what you're doing is choosing somewhere to save your resized photo to.  This location is a folder on your computer, not somewhere within iPhoto.
So to then email the resized photo, you shouldn't then use iPhoto any more.  You open your email client or the webmail page, and create a new email message. Then attach the photo to this new email.
This advice is based on my assumptions about what you are doing wrong - sorry if my assumptions are wrong! Smiley
HTH.
jcd

Hi Guys. Still having trouble I'm afraid. Whilst now getting pic onto desktop prior to attaching to email, it always seems to come out at 12 kb which is smaller than the one in iPhoto that I'm trying to resize. I'm told that I should be trying to get it to c. 150 kb - any ideas ?