cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone connects fine, so does the Xbox. MacBook is struggling again

TomP
Grafter

iPhone connects fine, so does the Xbox. MacBook is struggling again

Hi all, seems my MacBook and Voyager 2110 have started disliking each other again. Rang PlusNet today when my MacBook and iPhone couldn't get the Internet working at all. After various attempts to solve the problem (including a hard reset) the guy on the other end of the phone could only suggest a new wireless modem. Which would also require a 12 month contract signed. After refusing the deal I decided to fire up the xbox. Internet working fine. Tried the iPhone again, fine. MacBook is the only thing that just doesn't want to hold a connection. It will connect initially, load a few pages then just hang and drop it's connection.
I have set the DNS servers up on the MacBook and the modem but it just doesn't seem to hold a connection to the router.
Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: iPhone connects fine, so does the Xbox. MacBook is struggling again

It is not a 12 month contract all contracts are now 1 month with 10 days notice,  A new router postage was £6.99 before VAT change is free if you stay for 12 month, if you leave early it will cost you about £40,
TomP
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.  Doesn't really matter to me as I'm planning to switch to BT to get a 'N' router as the house is pretty thick walled and heavy on electrics.
Seems slightly more stable at the minute...
TomP
Grafter

Nope, MacBook stays connected on airport but the Internet just doesn't budge. suddenly it works again. No idea what's happening.
hussa32

I have the same problem, My PS3 works great, but on the laptop it is dropping in and out of connection constantly.