cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i don't believe, putting a referral in my siggy doesn't work on my fave forum

timmytoad
Grafter

i don't believe, putting a referral in my siggy doesn't work on my fave forum

hi, i thought i knew a bit about html, obviously not enough, i am trying to put a plus net referral Plug into  a siggy on my fave forum, including  this one.
what could i possibly be doing wrong ?
tim
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: i don't believe, putting a referral in my siggy doesn't work on my fave forum

most html doesn't work on the forum software which is probably as well given this Forum Rule
The use of advertising links which confer a benefit to the poster are not acceptable.
timmytoad
Grafter

Re: i don't believe, putting a referral in my siggy doesn't work on my fave forum

the banner doesn't work at another forum i go to, what is the answer oldJim ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Forums generally use BBcode and often disallow plain vanilla HTML. If those forums allow you to advertise in signatures you probably need to use BBcode.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The proper code for the bulk of it is [url=http://www.plus.net//][img width=468 height=60]http://portal.plus.net/images/referrals/adsl-broadband/super-fast/move-for-free-2mb.gif[/img][/url]

The link for the image you selected returns an error because you had a ' at the end and I have substituted the normal Plusnet page for the link
As I said earlier the sig breaks the forum rules and even though the image doesn't work as the link actually does so I hope you will remove it